Help us make a difference in our community. Please make a donation today!
Interested in helping the members of your community? Ready to join the ranks of the Delaware Fire Service? Fill out the membership application and start making a difference today!
Emergencies
Dial 9-1-1
Cheswold Vol. Fire Co.
371 Main St.
P.O. Box 186
Cheswold, DE 19936

Phone: 302-736-1516
Fax: 302-736-6237



Photo Gallery

House Fire With Pet Fatalities - Kenton Road

Thursday, July 2, 2015
Around 11 pm, Cheswold, Dover, and Hartly were alerted for a house fire on Kenton Road. Command 43 went enroute and was advised that the caller reported that his house was on fire and his dogs were trapped inside. Assistant Chief Dempsey arrived in the command unit to find fire showing from the rear of the residence. The ladder from Dover arrived soon after and began a search for the dogs. Engine 43-4 arrived next and placed a hose in service through the rear of the house. Dover engine 46-6 arrived and put a second hose into the structure and laid a 5" supply line to a nearby hydrant. Two dogs and a cat were located by Dover's crews. Animal oxygen masks from Dover and Kent County ALS were used in an effort to revive them, but they succumbed to smoke inhalation. Units from Hartly arrived and assisted with ventilation and set up a rehab area in the front yard. The fire was knocked down and overhaul was completed. Units on scene: Engine 43-4, Rescue 43, Engine 43-2, Ambulance B-43, Tower 46-2, Engine 46-4, Engine 51-3, Rescue 51, Ambulance 51, Air/Light/Rehab 51, Medic KM6, and FM 19. Assistant Chief Dempsey had command. This call started off a busy night. Engine 43-2 had been standing by at the Delaware State Fair all day and responded to an accident in Harrington on the way home. While still on the scene of the house fire, Rescue 43 was released to assist Dover with a car accident with entrapment on Route 8 at Rose Valley School Road. Cheswold was then dispatched to an automatic alarm at Delaware Airpark while repacking hose at the station. Later that night, Cheswold was alerted for a Carbon Monoxide Alarm in the development of Nobles Pond. Assistant Chief Whitby found a dangerous level of the gas in the home and once the source was located and shut off, ventilated the residence.

Views: 173
Views: 161
Views: 159
Views: 164
Views: 216
Views: 217
Views: 192
/
Designed By Chief Web Design

Visits Today: 819
Visitors Online: 40 Visitors Online
Total Visits: 2,981,507
Most Visitors Online: 3558 on Jun 1, 2018
Most Visitors in one day: 10818 on Jun 2, 2018
Copyright © 2006 - 2018, All Rights Reserved